Possible Death Trap Found During Home Inspection

One of the home inspectors primary jobs is to look for safety concerns. We treat each inspection like it is for our family. A home at the very least should feel and be safe. During a home inspection in Durham we found a possible death trap. An improperly vented water heater was located in the crawlspace. A potential hazard for anyone entering the space or the occupants of the home. On average carbon monoxide is responsible for 430 deaths a year in the US. The state of North Carolina now requires inspectors to check carbon monoxide detectors as part of their home inspection. 


Submitted by JasonMichael on Sat, 12/05/2015 - 21:37.
Syndicate content