JasonMichael's blog

Possible Death Trap Found During Home Inspection

One of the home inspectors primary jobs is to look for safety concerns. We treat each inspection like it is for our family. A home at the very least should feel and be safe. During a home inspection in Durham we found a possible death trap. An improperly vented water heater was located in the crawlspace. A potential hazard for anyone entering the space or the occupants of the home. On average carbon monoxide is responsible for 430 deaths a year in the US. The state of North Carolina now requires inspectors to check carbon monoxide detectors as part of their home inspection. 


Syndicate content